Monday, February 22, 2010

Recent Knitting

I've finished several knitting projects recently (and also added to my pile of WIPs).
Another pair of fingerless mitts. These are actually suprisingly warm, and of course I love the bright colored yarn (Heart and Sole, Mellow Stripe, by Red Heart). You can find the pattern free from Red Heart.

My Mitered Baby Blanket, for some friends and their new baby. I have to admit, rows and rows, and rows of garter stitch were somewhat boring to knit. I like the finished result though. I was afraid the geometric pattern wouldn't be as visible as I wanted in this yarn, but it shows up nicely.

I love my Hedgerow Tee. I wore it today. Super comfortable, I think I'll knit more vests. And much quicker to knit than a full sweater.
Made mostly from Moda Dea Silk n Wool Blend (discontinued), the contrast yarn is Cascade Wool. I actually had more Silk n Wool blend in another color, but decided I didn't like it with the grey. And I ran out of the grey too. Just a few rows short on the back, so it didn't really matter, I just switched to the blue earlier than the pattern directed. Fortunately I was anticipating that so I knit the two front sides before the back.
And in case your wondering, yes, I did consider chopping off my head in this photo because I hate pictures of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment