Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Free Pattern: Stripey Wristwarmers

These are super easy, and only require one skein of yarn and would make a great quick gift.
I originally got this idea from one of my favorite blogs, Attic 24. I love Lucy's pattern for a crocheted pair. Instead of using multiple yarns (and weaving in multiple ends) I used a pretty multicolored sock yarn. Also, this was my project for an trip via airline so portability was definitely a factor (I made these way back in October on my trip to Las Vegas, but only finished them this week).


1 skein Patons Kroy Socks in Tangerine Jacquard) and size 3.25 DPNS
Finished size: 9 inches long, and approx. 8 inches in circumference (but stretchy)

Cast on 56 stitches.
Join to knit in the round, being careful not to twist.
Work in K2 P2 rib for 5.5 inches (approx 48 rnds)
Switch to working back and forth, staying in pattern, to create thumbhole, for 2 inches (16 rows).
Switch back to working in the round for an additional 1.5 inches (12 rnds).
Bind off and weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment