Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Octopus Amiguriumi


I'm very sorry for disappearing for so long. This summer was very unproductive for me. Not only did I not advance my business, but I dreadfully neglected my blog, my flickr, my etsy, and swaps. Fortunately, summer is over and the tourists have left, which means less time at my paying job, and more time to devote to Scarlett Design.
I hope this octopus amiguriumi pattern helps to make up for my long absence.

Octopus Amiguriumi

Head

Ch 4, and sl in first ch to from a ring (this will be the top of the head)
Rnd 1: ch 3 (counts as first dc throughout patern) 11 dc in ring, 12 sts
Rnd 2: ch 3, dc in first st, 2 dc in each st to end of rnd, 24 sts
Rnd 3: ch 3, *2 dc in second st st, dc in next st, repeat to last st ,2 dc in lat st, 36 sts
Rnd 4: ch 3, dc in each st to end of rnd
Rnd 5: ch 3, dc in second st, 2 dc in third st, *dc in next 2 sts, 2 dc in next st, repeat to end of 
   rnd, 48 sts
Rnd 6-9: ch 3, dc in each st to end of rnd
Rnd 10: ch 3, dc in second st, dc2tog, *dc in next to sts, dc2tog, repeat to end of rnd, 36 sts
Rnd 11: ch 3, dc2tog, *dc in next st, de2tog, repeat to end of rnd, 24 sts
Rnd 12: dc 2tog to end of rnd, 12 sts
Add stuffing to head here
Rnd 13: dc3tog to end of rnd, 4 sts
Cut tail and use it to sew up any small hole t the bottom

Arms (make 8)
Ch 31
Sc in second ch from hook, sc in next 9 sts, hdc in next 10 sts, dc in last 10 sts
Row 2: ch 3, dc in next st, then 2 dc in each of then next 14 sts, 2 hdc in each st to end of row

Cut tail and weave in. Use tail at the wider end of the arm to sew it to the head, weave in ends.
Using some contrasting yarn, embroider a mouth and eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment