Sunday, September 11, 2011

End of Summer

I have to say, I'm kind of glad summer is over here. The weather has cooled down some, still some nice beach days but not so hot it is uncomfortable. The tourists have mostly left. And, after 4 years of living at the beach, my boyfriend finally got a bike last weekend. Fall camping. Fall gardening, by august the garden was looking quite straggly. Although Irene didn't do much damage, she definitely put a few struggling plants out of their misery. I seem to get better harvests in the Spring and Fall.

Woodcut print of Atasuma Gorge. I love this, its the September page of my calendar, and I've been looking forward to it since January.

Kiptopeke State Park. One of our favorite places to walk on weekends. Labor Day was the first time we've been there since the spring, and we can look forward to our weekend walking/hiking trips and picnics again now that it isnt too hot for the dogs middday.

First tomatoes of the summer! In early July. Soon I can look forward to fresh lettuce, broccoli, and collards.

Pretty Mai Tai for my birthday. In case you are wondering, Yes, the fancy straw did make it taste better.

No comments:

Post a Comment