Monday, March 9, 2009

My Weekend

Yesterday was my boyfriend's birthday, so I made him cupcakes. Normally I make cupcakes from scratch, but I decided to splurge on some Sprinkles cupcake mix from Williams Sonoma. It was delicious.
We also went for a very nice walk with our dogs at Kiptopeke State Park. It was a beautiful day, 80 degrees, and the park was surprisingly empty. We did have some excitement though; we briefly lost Chewie when he went off chasing something. But I got him back in only about 5 minutes. Then we had our picnic lunch. It was a wonderful afternoon. I didn't take any photos yesterday, sometimes I just enjoy walking and being in the moment, but if you're interested you can check out this set from past trips on my flickr.
These are just some little flowers on our lawn right now. They are only about a 1/2" across and grow in patches all over the yard. Seeing them makes me happy.
We are in a very nice patch of weather right now, so I've made jar of sun tea, one of my favorite warm weather drinks. Now I just need to wait a few more hours to drink it. To make your own put one large, or several small teabags in a jar, add a few scoops of sugar, some mint leaves, and fill with water. Cover securely (or the smell of sugar will attract ants) and place in a sunny spot for at least 3 hours.
I've updated my list of favorite blogs, so be sure and check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment