Friday, February 15, 2013

Project Life, January 2013

  Last year I discovered Project Life, but thought I had too much going on to try and start it and instead would just attempt to actually art journal every week. That didn't happen. I found myself often struggling with blank page syndrome, what to journal about? But I really like the idea of just working for fun, and not worrying about what a finished piece will be used for. So this year I'm trying Project Life, and so far I really like it. I'm just trying to fill one 12 x 12" layout every week, and Ive mostly kept up with it. I use my photos, I figured out how to print my instagrams, sometimes I write, I draw, I include ephemera I come across, and I get to play with new techniques. I try to work on it for 15 minutes a day, but I don't always. Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to say or I forget to take photos for a whole week, other times I can't possibly fit it all on one page, it works out. Its fun.

  I'm not actually using the official "Project Life" kits, I'm using We R Memory Keepers that I got at Michaels. I like the layout better, with several square pockets perfect for instagram, and some 4 x 6 pockets.

December 26 - 30 2012
  I went to the Norfolk Botanical Garden, and took a picture for 52 Photos Project "All is Calm," We went to Colonial Williamsburg because I wanted to see the Christmas Decorations, and I set some goals for the month of January. Fortune cookie says "A good time to finish  up old tasks." Fitting for the end of the year.

December 31, 2012 - January 6, 2013
  Joy! my word for the year 2013, We took a walk at Munden Point Park, I took a photo for 52 Photos Project, "Softly Fade Away" at the Virginia Beach Boardwalk, and I got a fun new toy, Inkadinkado Stamping Gear.

January 7 - 13, 2013
  I did some exploring this week, finally visited Jockey Ridge State Park in the Outer Banks, took a photo for 52 Photos Project "Wide Open Spaces," and took a walk at Pleasure House Point here in Virginia Beach on a foggy day. I also did some journaling using a photo of a carnival ride from National Geographic Magazine, Jon brought up the idea of moving 3 hours south of here, to Morehead City, NC, and I was not initially happy about it.

January 14 - 20, 2013
  Last week I was enjoying the photo opportunities presented by a foggy day, but this week it rained for 5 days, and I was over it. Fortunately I had a long weekend out of town to look forward to. Although Las Vegas is not my favorite destination, it was nice to get way, and I had some great food while I was there. Fortune cookies say "He that gives should not remember, he that receives should never forget" and "Never fear shadows. They simply mean theres a light shining somewhere nearby."

January 21 - 27
  Still in Las Vegas, I went hiking in Valley of Fire State Park, I changed a color photo to Black and White for 52 Photos Project, and was surprisingly happy with the results, and back home Virginia Beach we got our first (only?) snowfall for the winter, and I walked my dogs at MacKay Island NWR.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you....any documentation of life seems a good thing to me. It's fun while your doing it, and really fun to look back at what you've done when you do don't want to do a darn thing...does that make sense? I'm still Instagram challenged (need one of the kids to come home and show me) so it's really fun to see someone who has not only mastered it, but can actually print from it as well. Love the black and white.

    ReplyDelete