Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Timber Creek Canyon

I have to admit, in spite of my hatred of all things noisy and motorized in nature, I loved riding ATVs on our trip to Montana. I had previously been of the opinion that they frightened away animals, and that by moving so quickly you missed on seeing things you would have noticed on foot. In fact, we saw quite a few deer, so the noise obviously didn't bother them. And although I may have missed some of the smaller details, which I would have noticed on foot, I was also able to see more, traveling 10 miles up a canyon in only an hour.
A view up the canyon, along the dry river bed we followed. Some of the leaves had just started to turn.
One of many deer we saw.
Fallen tree, and fuel for a potential forest fire. We had planned on going camping in the backcountry, but because of the dry summer there was a temporary prohibition on camping in the Big Snowies.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos! I don't think I've ever seen a wild deer before, at least not that I can remember. Sounds like you had a great trip. :)

    ReplyDelete