Monday, March 28, 2011

Crocheted Nests

I found the most inspiring book last week, "76 Bugs, Butterflies, and Little Beasts to Knit and Crochet" by Lesley Stanfield. I really love how she used unexpected fibers, like raffia and sparkly yarns.

As you know I've been enjoying creating my own critters lately, my nudibranch and my urchin. I wasn't sure what I was going to make next though.
I made my own nest with hemp. When I was done crocheting my bowl, it looked more like a messy bowl than a nest, so I wove some long pieces of hemp around the outside of the nest, and intentionally left the ends sticking out, like little twigs.


Here is a super cute "Nature Walk" kit at Knit Picks.

1 comment:

  1. I like your nest -- the extra pieces woven on the outside make it look real!

    ReplyDelete