Thursday, January 6, 2011

Project 365

I started January all motivated, but I've been in a funk for the last week or so. Nothing major is wrong, just little things. I haven't been feeling great, so I've just been tired. And I'm having software issues, which has been time consuming and frustrating. And the weather has been awful, cold, windy, and rainy, keeping me cooped up indoors.
Here are some photos from the last week, even though I didn't take one everyday. I guess looking at these should remind me that even when I'm feeling down there are moments of beauty.

6/365: Heart plant pot cozy

8/365: Heart pillow. Ok so I'm going a little crazy with the Valentines decorations. I think I'm overcompensating for not decorating much for Christmas this year. Some of the buttons are vintage, from my grandmother's button jar.

9/365: View of the marsh at Back Bay NWR

12/365: Linzer Tarts. I was pretty sure these cookies would be a disaster. My blender died in the middle of making them, I didn't use enough butter and had to add another half cup at the end of mixing the dough, I didn't have cinnamon so instead used apple pie spice, and the dough was very crumbly and hard to work with. But they taste great, so it was worth it.


And here is a great post I found this week
Be thankful: http://www.npr.org/2010/12/26/132263637/perfect-thank-you-notes-heartfelt-and-handwritten?sc=tw&cc=share

1 comment:

  1. Your projects are really pretty! You'll feel better soon. This is just a little bump in the road. We all have them. :)

    ReplyDelete