Sunday, December 13, 2009

My "Peace" Illustration

I'm back from my unintentional leave of absence from this blog. December was crazy busy for me, with my first craft fair, some good business including a special order in my Scarlett Made Etsy shop, and the usual last minute finishing of my Christmas gifts. I was literally wrapping gifts for my boyfriend's family in the fedex parking lot to ship 2 days before Christmas. I didn't even get my tree up until Christmas Eve this year. We had a great Christmas, very low key, just us, our dogs, and a visiting friend and great food. And I've taken time off since then to relax and refocus. It feels good to be back "at work" today.

Even though the holidays are over, I wanted to share my "Peace" illustration. This is a folk art inspired design that I actually started last year, but put aside because I didn't know quite where to start, and probably scrapped the illustration at least a few times. No doubt because I was over thinking things. I finally settled on a branching botanic motif, inspired by a book on German folk art. I think that the final illustration is both modern and definitely vintage inspired in appearance, and fits well with my style.

I was so happy with this design I made ornaments, using felt, adhesive, iron on tranfers, and monofilament for a hanger. These were great at my craft fair, because they added some color to my tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment