Tuesday, August 4, 2009

For the past week or so my boyfriend and I have been on a sort of vacation. My birthday was a few weekends ago, so I wanted to go camping for a few days. We chose West Virginia, because we had never been there and figured it would be less crowded than Shenandoah.
We went to Watoga State Park, along the Greenbrier River. It was beautiful, so green. Really the landscape was so perfect it looked like something from a movie. It was great. Everyday we took the dogs hiking, and then grilled dinner and drank some beer around a campfire. The campgournd was so empty that we just slept in our screen house instead of a tent. We can't wait to go back.

Perhaps the most beautiful campsite I've ever stayed at. There was a small stream behind the campsite, and a field full of wildflowers in front. And each morning mist covered everything.

Check out more photos of my trip in this flickr set.

No comments:

Post a Comment