Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Weeds Contest, win Scarlett Design Note-cards!!!

Between traveling quite a bit in February and working more than usual at my paying job, I wasn't able to get my spring line up on my etsy site as soon as I would have liked. But I have finally begun adding my new items, including this dandelion design.

What is a weed? Many people consider Dandelions weeds. I don't.
Leave a link in the comment section to your own original writing, photo, or artwork about weeds, by March 30 and my favorite will win a 4 pack of these note-cards.
The prints have slightly more subdued colors, which I'm very happy with.




"A weed is a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"What would the world be, once bereft of wet and wildness? Let them be left. O let them be left, wildness and wet; Long live the weeds and the wilderness yet." -Gerard Manly Hopkins

weed: (noun)1. a valueless plant growing wild, esp. one that grows on cultivated ground to the exclusion or injury of the desired crop. 2. any undesirable or troublesome plant, esp. one that grows profusely where it is not wanted: The vacant lot was covered with weeds. -dictionary.com

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty design! Dandelions are a childhood favorite I think. No one is upset if you pick them and you can weave them into headpieces and bracelets.

    ReplyDelete