Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back from Wyoming

I'm back from vacation in Jackson, WY. We had a great time skiing, dogsledding, and snowshoeing, and of course spent some time sitting in the hot tub and being lazy too. Its a super cute little town. There are of course several souvenier shops, and a few national chains, but the town has managed to keep the architecture in similar styles as older buildings. There are several great small shops I found: I got a skein of local lopi style wool from Knit on Pearl, and Altitude is a great boutique (which was too expensive for me to buy anything but cards) and coffee shop. There is also a local bookstore, and many art galleries, which I found were friendly, particularly Wild Exposures Gallery. Also, Jackson had a great public bus, that is free around town, and only $3 to the ski mountain, so we didn't need to rent a car. The natural surroundings were beautiful, like being on a perfect movie set. We definitely plan to go back, probably in the spring or fall so we can see Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, which were mostly inaccesible during the winter.


Check out more of my snowy photos on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment