Thursday, October 25, 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!!

During the last few weeks I've been very busy, which is why I haven't had a chance to post much of what I've been doing lately. Although I feel as if I haven't gotten anything done, and my office is a huge mess, which means I have to work in my living room or at Starbucks. Anyways, here is a quick round up of the month of October:
I visited the Norfolk Botanical Garden, and I am definitely planning to go back. There are formal gardens, a butterfly garden, and even a boat ride and a maze!



Also, my boyfriend and I had some time off together, six whole days in a row, which hasn't hapened since January. Since we just moved down to Virginia Beach we decided not to go anywhere, but to explore some of the parks nearby. Virginia has beautiful and well maintained state parks, and in addition to First Landing State Park just a few minutes away, there are several more within an hour's drive. We checked out Kiptopeke State Park on the North side of the mouth of Chesapeake Bay.

We also took a day trip down to the Outer Banks.

I've also been waiting to show you photos of a swap I participated in, and although I haven't heard back from its recepient yet, I just can't wait any longer to post a photo. Because my sewing machine isn't working properly, I had to hand sew most of it (I handewed the doorstop also), but I actually ended up really liking the uneveness of the stitches. I got to use up some of my stash, and I got this super cute mod girl fabric on clearence at Hancock Fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment